Green Valley Sweet Sward Grass Seed
A carefully selected blend of exceptionally high D-Value grasses.
- Delivering a highly palatable and nutritious sward for early spring right through to late autumn growth.
- Specifically formulated for the farmer that has high output and stocking rate requirements.
- Carefully formulated with high levels of tetraploids (63%) to enhance digestibility in a grazing situation
2.0 kg Abergain (T)
3.0 kg Aston Energy (T)
2.0 kg Ballintoy (T)
0.6kg Naked Clover
Also available without Clover
11.6 kg Bag
- A late heading Tetraploid with a heading date of June 4th.
- It rates €241 per hectare on the PPI which ranks it in the top 2 of the table for the late heading varieties.
- A variety with exceptional quality figure to give excellent grazing utilization.
Aston Energy (T):
- Consistently one of the highest digestibility scores over the last number of years of the Teagasc PPI.
- Teagasc research shows Aston Energy achieves the ‘lowest post grazing heights’ of any grass variety, hence the 5-star rating on the PPI for Teagasc Grazing Utilisation Traits.
- Combined with Abergain, it’s unbeatable in a grazing situation.
- One of the top late diploids with an overall score of €186.
- Will give a yield of grass in Spring which is vital in a specialized grazing sward.
- Has a quality figure of +19 which ensures good graze outs in late season.
- Late Heading tetraploid variety with a heading date of the 4th of June.
- A tetraploid variety that boasts a 4-star rating on grazing utilization on PPI.
- Works exceptionally well with Abergain in a mix as it has consistent growth throughout the whole season.
High yielding, nitrogen fixing clover that scores well for persistence.