Dual purpose mix with a very close heading date spread.
- A 55:45 diploid tetraploid grass seed mix.
- Gold Sward will result in a dense leafy sward suited to intensive animal production systems.
- Mixture designed for an early graze, followed by a cut of silage in May/June and good grazing afterwards.
- 5.0kg Abergain(T)
- 3.0kg Aberchoice(D)
- 3.0kg Ballyvoy(D)
- 1.0kg Pelleted White Clover Blend
- Also available without clover
NOTE: Diploid (D) &Tetraploid (T) varieties are shown by the presence of the symbol after the variety name.
- The “top” most sought after grass variety and is a must in all grass seed mixes in intensive farming situations.
- Consistently in the top 3 of Teagasc ‘Pasture Profit Index’ since it began.
- One of the top late heading tetraploids with a total score of €212 on the PPI.
- Abergain is the highest quality variety with excellent palatability for higher utilization of your swards.
- Top late heading diploid variety on the PPI with a score of €182.
- A variety that allows a good cut of silage and exceptional autumn growth for grazing afterwards.
- One of the four late heading diploids that have a positive score for quality on the Teagasc PPI.
- New for 2021 & 2nd best late diploid on the PPI with a score of €167.
- Excellent seasonal growth, especially for spring.
- High quality for improved palatability.
Pelleted White Clover Blend:
- A blend of high yielding, nitrogen tolerant clovers that all score well for persistence.