Dual purpose mix with a very close heading date spread.
- A 60:40 diploid tetraploid grass seed mix.
- Gold Sward will result in a dense leafy sward suited to intensive animal production systems.
- Provides a high yield mix and offers the potential for a heavy silage cut in late May/early June.
- 5.0kg Abergain(T)
- 4.0kg Aberchoice(D)
- 2.0kg Drumbo (D)
- 1.0kg Pelleted White Clover Blend
- Also available without clover
- 12kg Bag
Note: Diploid (D) & Tetraploid (T) varieties are shown by the presence of the symbol after the variety name.
- The “top” most sought after grass variety and is a must in all grass seed mixes in intensive farming situations.
- Consistently on top of Teagasc ‘Pasture Profit Index’ since it began
- Top late heading tetraploid with a total score of €192 on the PPI.
- Abergain is the highest quality variety with excellent palatability for higher utilization of your swards.
- Top late heading diploid variety on the PPI with a score of €176.
- A variety that allows a good cut of silage and exceptional autumn growth for grazing afterwards.
- One of the two late heading diploids that has a positive score for excellent palatability for grazing cleanouts.
- Boasts excellent quality score of €27 on the PPI
- Very even growth throughout the growing season.
- An outstanding diploid variety with a total PPI value of €116.
- Excellent ground cover, which in a dual-purpose mix is a sought-after attribute.
Pelleted White Clover Blend:
- A blend of high yielding, nitrogen tolerant clovers that all score well for persistence.