A blend of 80% Diploid varieties with 20% of the most sought after Tetraploid variety Aston Energy for conditions that demand the best sward density.
- It is specifically formulated for that ground that needs good ground cover where poaching can cause problems.
- 4.4 kg Oakpark (D)
- 4.0kg Astonconqueror (D)
- 2.5kg Aston Energy (T)
- 0.6kg Naked Crusader White Clover
- Established in 2019 by Teagasc.
- It’s rated 3rd highest of any late diploid on the PPI.
- Excellent seasonal growth, it has the highest score for silage yield of any late diploid.
- Highest late heading diploid for ground cover, which is essential in this particular mixture.
- A late heading intermediate diploid variety with a heading date of 27th May.
- Exceptional spring growth with a grazing utilisation score of 4 stars.
- Very good ground cover which will form a thick sward during the growing season.
Aston Energy (T)
- One of the most sought after late heading Tetraploid Variety on the DAFM list.
- One of the top 3 varieties for Grazing Utilisation with a 5-star rating.
- Excellent when partnered with Aston Conqueror with its seasonal growth.
Naked Crusader White Clover
- Crusader is the best clover for these challenging soils that can tolerate tight grazing.